Sonia was called to the Bar by the Inner Temple in 1982 and appointed as a Recorder in 1996.
She has particular strength and extensive experience in dealing with Family financial remedies following Divorce, and Children cases. These include issues such as:

 Division of assets following divorce.
 Matters concerning pre and post separation agreements,
 Applications for maintenance before a final order is made. `
 Variation of maintenance after a final order
 Applications for financial provision for children when parents were not married, for
Housing, for Lump sums etc.. (Schedule 1 Applications).
 Division of assets between cohabiting couples, e.g. share of homes.
 High value financial provision cases. Dealing with Pre and post-acquired assets, Pensions, Inherited assets, Reinstatement of disposed assets, Non-disclosure cases, Business assets and Company veils.
 Farming cases.
 Other issues, including complex cases involving matters such as Competing issues of contributions, Needs, The sale of the Former Matrimonial Home, Pension offsets, Cohabitation and ‘Mesher Orders’ (in which a court order postpones the sale of the matrimonial property until a specified triggering event occurs).
 Applications for costs to conduct financial remedy litigation.

 Disputes over children between parents or involving Local Authorities.
 Residence and Contact applications,
 Relocation cases both in the UK and internationally.
 Abduction (Removal of a child, or children by one parent without the other parent’s consent).
 Finding of fact disputes when there are allegations of domestic violence or sexual abuse
 Specific issue applications, e.g. education and change of name.

Sonia is recognised as offering sensible and direct, no-nonsense advice. She is good at handling clients in a sensitive but straightforward manner and was described by Chambers and Partners as an experienced “battler”.
She is frequently instructed by members of the Legal Profession for their own cases.

Contact the Expert

Complete the form below to contact the expert directly.