I qualified as a barrister in 2003 and have specialised in family law since then.  I undertake private law disputes (cases about where children live and how often they see each parent or other family members), public law work (child protection cases where a local authority is asking a court to consider taking a child into care) and financial remedy applications (cases to sort out people's financial affairs after they have divorced or a civil partnership has been dissolved).  If you are involved in a public law case and are a parent of a child, then I advise you to see a solicitor because you are likely to be eligible for legal aid and free representation, which I cannot offer on a Direct Access basis.
I am ranked in Chambers and Partners 2014, one of the leading law directories, where it states that I give "sound and realistic advice, which is underpinned by great preparation and polished advocacy".
I appear in all levels of courts across the South West, Wales and the Midlands and represented a father in the Court of Appeal where I was successful in overturning care and placement orders which had been made in respect of his child.
I aim to respond to initial enquiries about Direct Access work within 7 days, although in urgent cases it may be possible to reduce that turnaround.  It is sometimes necessary for me to see some documents before I can assess whether a case is suitable for Direct Access which can affect the timescale.

Contact the Expert

Complete the form below to contact the expert directly.