Jacob is a Barrister, Mediator, Arbitrator and a Partner at Aria Grace Law as well as a Lecturer in Law.
Called to the Bar in England & Wales, the Republic of Ireland, New Zealand, and Australia (as a principal). Jacob is a TEP member of STEP, a member of the Chancery Bar Association, and frequently accepts instructions or acts as an expert advisor.
As an Accredited Civil and Commercial Mediator and TEP, Jacob specialises in contentious trust and estate mediation - between beneficiaries and trustees as well as resolving most contentious matters. As a Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, Jacob sits in high value civil and commercial claims stemming from his unique set of industry qualifications.
He can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com and can be found on ADR ODR: https://www.adrodrinternational.com/jacob-j-meagher
A specialist in contentious chancery matters and an advisor across commonwealth jurisdictions, Jacob acts and consults on matters concerning constructive and breach of trust, complex fraud, equitable remedies, trustee duties, tracing and freezing, risk management and corporate governance, Proceeds of Crime Act, and unexplained wealth orders. He holds Security Clearance.
A former Legal and Policy Advisor at the New Zealand Law Commission he returned to the UK where he has lectured at UCL, KCL and the LSE. Having also lectured and practiced in the Channel Islands, he is experienced in, and can advise on, a variety of offshore commercial and trust practices and on Hague Convention recognition and enforcement.
Jacob holds qualifications and is recognised by a rare combination of professional and chartered bodies in the fields of finance, banking, fraud-compliance and governance. He is unique in holding the following combination of qualifications and industry recognition:
• Registered Trust and Estate Practitioner TEP,
• Chartered Banker Ch MCBI,
• Chartered Associate of the London Institute of Banking and Finance Ch ALIBF,
• Chartered Quality Practitioner CQP MCQI,
• Chartered Manager CMgr FCMI,
• Fellow of the International Compliance Association FICA,
• Fellow of the Society of Advanced Legal Studies FSALS,
• Certified Fraud Examiner CFE,
• Certified Governance Practitioner and Fellow of the Association of Corporate Governance Practitioners FGP,
• Member of the Chartered Institute of Securities and Investment MCSI,
• Governance Compliance and Risk Management Professional CRCMP & GRCP-A,
• Fellow of the Higher Education Academy FHEA,
• Certified Management and Business Educator CMBE,
• Accredited Civil and Commercial Mediator SoM, and
• Elected a Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts for work with the Equality Act FRSA.
Confidential client references can be provided on request.
Contact the Expert
Complete the form below to contact the expert directly.