ProfileBarrister specialising and an experienced child law practitioner specialising in both public and private law proceedings. Penny comes from a previous background of being a social worker and also a probation officer. Penny is able to deal with empathy and clear advice to those who struggle with capacity or mental health issues as well as those who are professional and articulate. Penny will work in an open fashion with clients , assisting clients to understand the process and issues whilst also listening carefully to their respective instructions.
Penny acts on behalf of local authorities, parents, children’s guardians, competent children and intervenors in a wide range of cases including:
• Serious non-accidental injury
• Fabricated and/or induced illness
• Female Genital Mutilation
• Sexual abuse
• Children/ families where special educational needs
• Chronic neglect
• Drug and alcohol abuse (including FDAC proceedings)
• Adoption including adoptions with international elements
• Special Guardianship
• Domestic Violence
• Child arrangements disputes, including both live with and contact disputes
Contact the Expert
Complete the form below to contact the expert directly.