ProfileRichard is a very experienced civil practitioner having appeared in over 5000 hearings. He specialises in Property Law, Insolvency, Commercial (with an excellent reputation in Aviation flight delay claims) General Common Law and Personal Injury Law. Richard has a particular interest in Sports Law and is keen to expand his practice in this area. Called to the Bar in 2008, Richard initially practiced as a Solicitor-Agent with a national firm. Prior to being called to the bar, Richard lived and worked in the USA advising start up businesses how to gain funding and expand to other countries and is happy to take instructions in this area. He is based in Hertfordshire and has a further base in the Midlands and he is happy to travel. Richard is a confident and thorough advocate who is happy to take instructions last minute and will represent both Claimants and Defendants.
• Housing disrepair – defending possession proceedings and claims.
• Mortgage and Landlord & Tenant possession proceedings, both residential and commercial
• Trespass and Occupiers Liability
• Tenancy deposit disputes
• Orders for Sale
• Trusts of Land (TOLATA)
• Bankruptcy and Winding up Petitions
• Trustee applications
• Insolvency Act applications (applications to annul and applications to set aside statutory demands)
• Applications to set aside, summary judgment, relief from sanctions and applications to enforce.
• Small Claims
o RTA including credit hire
o Flight Delay for both Claimant and Defendant
o Montreal convention aviation claims
o Contractual disputes for goods and services
o Debt (Consumer Credit Claims)
• Fast Track
o Contractual disputes
o Consumer Credit Act claims
o RTA including credit hire and personal injury
o Housing disrepair (Advice and drafting of particulars)
o Holiday sickness
• Stage 3 oral hearings and infant approvals.
• Advice on quantum for both adults and minors.
• Fast Track trials
• Anti-doping regulations
• Contractual disputes
• Costs and Case Management Conferences
• Detailed costs assessments
• Summary assessment of costs
BVC – BPP Law School – Very Competent
LLB (Hons) University of Buckingham (First Class – Prize for academic performance)
Richard is a qualified football coach, plays tennis regularly and loves to swim, bike and run to unwind. He loves all music and not only plays the guitar but is also an amateur lutier. Richard enjoys travel and landscape painting when time allows.
Contact the Expert
Complete the form below to contact the expert directly.