I am a property law barrister based in London with a national practice, representing and advising clients with and without solicitors My work is predominantly in the London and Southern England down to Cornwall in the West, although I am sometimes asked to go further afield.
My work for members of the public direct forms a significant part of my practice where the cost benefits of direct instruction are overwhelming clear in a great many cases. However, I have a good working relationship with solicitors across the country who I call on when the need for day to day management of those cases is required. 
Most of my work relates to private wealth and succession disputes such as: 
–Trusts of Land and Co-Ownership Issues
–Wills, Trusts and Contentious Probate
–Inheritance Act Claims
–Administration Actions

Landlord and Tenant work forms the next largest element of my practice, especially:
– Residential
– Service Charges
– Commercial, including lease renewals and forfeiture
– Enfranchisement
– Notices and covenants
– Quiet Enjoyment and protection from eviction 

I also enjoy a broad Property Litigation practice including;
– Boundaries and Easements 
– Property Torts such as nuisance 
– Conveyancing Issues
– Co-Ownership issues
– Party Wall Etc Act matters

An increasing part of my practice relates to highways and the law of town and village greens, where my property background assists where there is conflict between public and private law property rights. I frequently appear at planning meetings and inquiries and have appeared in the High Court on appeal. The majority of these cases start off as instructions from members of the public direct, though I will often recommend that solicitors are involved if court proceedings need to be commenced. 

I also have wide experience of Professional Negligence claims relating to the above areas, in particular those of solicitors, surveyors, accountants and valuers. 
If you think I might be able to help, please feel free to contact me in chambers on the links provided, by email, or by contacting my clerks in chambers. 

Contact the Expert

Complete the form below to contact the expert directly.