ProfileDaniel brings particular experience of advising Multinational Companies, NGO’s, SME’s, Insurance Firms, Charities and private individuals following time spent working in the field of International Arbitration in Australia and the UK.
Daniel is frequently instructed to advise overseas and offshore firms on matters of jurisdiction, choice of laws and general insurance disputes.
He is an impressive negotiator and much of his skill in this area has arisen from working in the fields of international arbitration, accountancy and finance.
Daniel is the appointed Legal Advisor to the Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport Board since December 2017 and acts as Pro-Bono Legal Counsel for Sports Resolution.
Daniel is Direct Access qualified. He works directly with companies and individuals to provide a personalised legal and business advice across a range of industries.
He also welcomes instructions in mediations and other forms of ADR. He is member of CEDR.
Areas of Practice
His commerical practice focuses predominately on:
* Construction and Property.
* Sales of Goods.
* Information law.
Daniel has developed a niche area of chancery work focusing on:
* Contentious probate, including the validity of wills.
* Law of capacity.
* Claims involving the administration of Estates.
* Legacy Fraud
Data Protection, Privacy & Information:
Daniel has a particular interest with emerging areas of law and in particular, GDPR, information and cyber law. Daniel provides both advisory and consultancy based work in relation to:
* Compliance with statutory obligations to private individuals, businesses, local authorities, professionals and specialist bodies.
* Advising on potential breaches of the DPA 2018.
* Rights and liabilities of individuals and businesses.
Daniel has a busy Defendant based practice with a particular focus on:
* Occupiers' Liability.
* Employers’ Liability.
* Defective Product.
* GDPR claims.
His recent experience includes complex injury and large loss claims.
Daniel is member of the Civil Fraud team and contributor to Civil Fraud Newsletter.
Professional Liability & Sport:
Daniel has a particular focus on the following areas:
* Solicitors negligence and in particular limitation issues, collateral contracts and implied retainers.
* Construction professionals, including Surveyors & Architects.
* Claims against insurance brokers and financial professionals .
Within his sports practice:
* Contract and agency disputes.
* Disciplinary proceedings.
* Media and sponsorship.
* Personal injury claims and employment related claims.
Contact the Expert
Complete the form below to contact the expert directly.