Alex principally acts in Special Educational Needs tribunals and has represented both parents and local authorities across the country. Alex is a Member of the Beckmead Family of Schools and so understands the very real pressures that parents and schools are under when lawyers get involved.
Alex is also regularly instructed by the Office of Qualifications and Examination Regulation and the Department of Education and has a broad understanding of the policy reasons behind various legal decisions. He has a proven ability to advise tactically about the best way to progress a case.
Alex also has experience of pursuing injunctions and other civil remedies on behalf of schools.
Court of Protection:
Alex has expertise in various matters within the Court of Protection including:
• issues to do with the execution or drafting of a Lasting Power of Attorney;
• challenges to financial deputy/ attorney decisions;
• authorisations of large gifts from the vulnerable person’s estate;
• statutory will applications;
• contentious applications for the sale of property; and
Alex also accepts instructions to advise in other matters involving capacity in other jurisdictions including:
• Multi-track trials for damages arising out of a breach of fiduciary obligations as a deputy;
• Property disputes involving an incapacitous party; and
• Issues to do with the drafting of wills.
Contact the Expert
Complete the form below to contact the expert directly.