I am an experienced barrister specialising in special educational needs cases. I have previously worked for the charity IPSEA (Independent Parental Special Educational Advice) both as a volunteer and within their Legal team. Before I left the charity in late 2016 I spent a year as Head of that team. I am also the parent of a child with SEN, so I really understand the stress that can happen when trying to balance caring responsibilities with trying to find the right educational support for a child with additional needs.

I can help with all aspects of appeals to the SEND Tribunal, from advising and helping to prepare paperwork and forms for the appeal, through to full representation and advocacy at appeal hearings.

I can also help with disability discrimination claims against schools and other types of appeal involving schools such as admission or exclusion appeals.

I am approachable and try to avoid 'lawyer language' wherever possible! I always take time to explain the legal process and any 'jargon' so that clients can participate as fully as possible in their own cases.

What other people say:

"I would just like to thank you for all your support, help and advice, we would not have managed to get this result without your help. We all really appreciate everything that has been done."

"We certainly couldn’t have done this without you, and you've done a brilliant job with the Working Document!! You've been pivotal in shifting the course of X’s journey, and your assistance has been invaluable, we can't thank you enough."

"Lorna is an extremely friendly, approachable and professional advisor. She is a very good listener and writes down the important points. She advised specifically on the points she noted and advised on how to document them appropriately. She also boosted our confidence and it lead us to represent ourselves on our own against a barrister at the court. The outcome we achieved was more than I expected, and I would like to thank Lorna for every single word she said to us."

For more information on how I can help please see:

Contact the Expert

Complete the form below to contact the expert directly.