Daniel has particular experience advising Multinational Companies, NGO’s, SME’s, Insurance Firms, Charities and private individuals. He has also advised overseas and offshore firms on matters of jurisdiction, choice of laws and insurance disputes.
His practice is focused on commercial and insurance related disputes in both the UK, Channel Islands and further abroad.
Daniel is the Legal Advisor to the Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport Board having been appointed to this role in December 2017.
Daniel welcomes instructions in the following sectors:
Commercial & Business Disputes:
Daniel has a mixed commercial practice that complements each of his other areas of practices.
His experience with construction and property damage disputes, including the proper construction of contractual terms and conditions (including indemnities) is a core part of his work. He also advises and acts in all types of fire and flood claims and other disputes involving technical issues, including defective products.
Daniel is an impressive negotiator and much of his skill and experience has arisen from time spent working in the field of international arbitration.
His experience includes:
- Reported decision in Higgins & Ors v ERC Accountants & Business Advisors Ltd  EWHC 2190 (Ch)
- Advising and acting in property damage claims in construction disputes;
- Recovery and Contribution Claims;
- Disputes concerning indemnities and guarantees;
- Consumer credit claims including PPI, Plevin and unfair relationships;
Chancery & Tax
Daniel has developed a niche area of chancery work focusing predominately on contentious probate, including the validity of wills, and has a particular interest in the law of capacity.
With a financial accountancy background he is comfortable with high value claims involving the administration of Estates in a both contentious or non-contentious setting.
Daniel accepts instructions with an international element where matters of jurisdiction and/or choice of law are to be considered.
His practice also encompasses breach of trust claims, charitable trusts and related professional negligence claims.
He welcomes instructions in mediations and other forms of ADR.
His experience includes:
- Daniel was led by Chris Sokol QC in the upper Tier Tax Tribunal concerning an alleged tax avoidance scheme.
- Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975 matters relating to capacity, trusts and TOLATA claims.
- Advisory work in relation to offshore estates and trusts.
- Advice in relation to First Tier Tribunal Appeal concerning refusal to return seized goods.
Professional Discipline & Liability:
Daniel has a particular focus on disciplinary work concerning sporting and medical professionals. He combines his experience in his disciplinary and commercial disputes into his professional liability work.
His recent experience includes:
- Daniel was led by Mary O’Rourke QC in a sport disciplinary final appeal against the Lawn Tennis Association which succeeded on appeal.
- Claims against solicitors and in particular limitation issues, collateral contracts and implied retainers;
- Claims against Construction professional, including Surveyors & Architects.
- Claims against insurance brokers and financial professionals.
Within his sports practice Daniel accepts instructions relating to commercial claims, disciplinary proceedings, personal injury claims and employment related claims.
Daniel played rugby, athletics and football to a high level and has a particular passion for this particular areas of law.
He is a member of LawinSport and strong supporter of pro-bono and charitable initiatives in sport.
Recent experience includes:
- Led by Mary O’Rourke QC in a sport disciplinary final appeal against the Lawn Tennis Association which succeeded on appeal.
- Advised and acted in a Professional Rugby Club stadium dispute.
- Acted for and Defended Professional Rugby League team in a claim by a player arising from injury during training
Contact the Expert
Complete the form below to contact the expert directly.