SUMMARY: I regularly act for individuals/businesses in complex cases and can provide Legal Advice, Representation in Court and assistance in running Litigation. As a former Commercial Litigation Solicitor & ex-FCA In-House Counsel, I have over 15 years’ experience of advising UK/international corporates, individuals or public bodies on matters of English Law and High Court Litigation.


1. FINANCIAL SERVICES & FRAUD CASES: For individuals/firms defending Civil, Regulatory or Criminal investigations and Enforcement Claims, or for those pursuing/defending claims against Firms/Advisors. For example, if you or your firm are facing an FCA investigation or Financial Ombudsman Service complaint (or if you’re making a claim against a firm) then I may be able to assist you.

2. COMMERCIAL / CONTRACTUAL DISPUTES: If you are in a business dispute then I may be able to assist you. This includes international disputes, if the agreement is governed by English Law (the relevant terms & conditions will usually have a ‘governing law’ clause explaining this). I will be a particularly cost-effective option if your claim is worth more than £25k+.

3. ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION: I may be able to help you resolve your dispute out of Court if appropriate e.g. through Settlement Negotiations, Arbitration or Mediation but it will depend on the particular circumstances of each case. I would aim to get you the best possible outcome in all the circumstances.


> MEMBERSHIPS: Financial Services Lawyers Association, Commercial Bar Association, Fraud Lawyers Association

> PANELS: Serious Fraud Office 'C' Panels for both 'Prosecutions' and 'Proceeds of Crime & International Assistance'.

> EXPERIENCE: Solicitor / Solicitor Advocate (2004-14); Barrister (2014+).

> COSTS: Fees vary according to the nature/complexity of the case/issue on which you need advice but they will usually exceed £500+VAT and deadlines will need to be discussed and agreed. In some cases I may offer a free, brief initial discussion by phone/video-call to better understand your position. If I decide to take on your case and you agree to my fees, I will then send you a letter setting out the basis of our agreement.

> CONTACT: Please get in touch using the form below. Please provide (1) basic details of your case, (2) any Court dates already in the diary and/or (3) other urgent deadlines.

> RESPONSE: I will aim to respond ASAP/within 2 working days with any initial queries, etc, which I may have. If you do not receive a reply in this time, please do seek an alternative advisor if advice is required urgently.


Contact the Expert

Complete the form below to contact the expert directly.