2004 - LLB (Hons), University of Manchester
2005 - Bar Vocational Course, Manchester Metropolitan University

Additional Languages: Urdu/Hindi

I have been a Barrister-at-Law since 2006. My practice is exclusive to the Family Court. I have a wealth of experience dealing with the following types of cases:

Where a child should live
When and how contact can take place
Changing a child's surname
Taking a child out of the country (whether permanent or temporary)
Changing a child's school or other important decisions about a child's life
Forced Marriage Protection Orders
Female Genital Mutilation Protection Orders
Financial Relief Proceedings
Trusts of Land and Apointment of Trustees Act 1996
Child Abduction
Public Law proceedings brought by a local authority

My advice would always be that a case is best served with a solicitor and a barrister.; if you are in a position to pay for both, I would urge you to seek the advice of a solicitor first before getting in touch with me. However, if you are restricted in your budget and/or feel that you can write letters effectively and meet court deadlines for filing documents then you may be able to reduce your costs by instructing a barrister directly. Please read the information regarding barristers in the FAQ's section for more information. If you bring your case to me and I feel that your case needs a solicitor and should not be dealt with through the direct access scheme, I will let you know and refer you to a solicitor (If you are in the North West I will only refer you to a solicitor near you who I know has the right experience and expertise).

I can advise you in conference in making / defending an application and I can represent you in court. My aim is to help you put your case properly and as effectively as possible.

Please be aware that I am in court most days so you may find it difficult to get hold of me on occasion. Also, I do not keep my diary on this portal because it isn't practical so if you do have dates for your case, do let me know in your initial contact. If I am unable to help you I will endeavour to find another barrister in my chambers who can help you.

Finally, most of my work is in Greater Manchester and Lancashire. I also accept work for London. If your case is being heard in a court outside of these areas, I would urge you to find a barrister who is based closer to where you are.

If you would like my help please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Contact the Expert

Complete the form below to contact the expert directly.