ProfileJay is an experienced barrister who specialises in all areas of family law. Jay was called to the Bar in 2001. His cases deal with the law relating to children, as well as divorce, financial remedies and injunctions.
Jay is ranked as a leading lawyer in The Legal 500. Last year he was described as 'A brilliant communicator who can be trusted to make the correct tactical choices'.
This year Jay is described as 'both eloquent and intelligent - a class act'.
Jay is frequently instructed in children law matters; this work includes international cases involving abduction and applications for leave to remove from the jurisdiction as well as disputes over the arrangements for where children live and contact arrangements. Jay deals with cases involving parental alienation. Jay acts and advises on divorce, financial remedies, Schedule 1, Trusts of Land (cohabitation) and Inheritance Act matters. Jay also has experience in trusts, wills and probate matters.
Jay is a member of a leading family law chambers based in Gray's Inn, London.
Jay acts for parents, family members, husbands and wives and can offer advice and drafting services as well as courtroom representation.
Jay often acts for professional clients including barristers, nurses, police officers and people in the City. Much of Jay's work comes via recommendations from other barristers and solicitors.
Examples of current and recent work include:
- Representing a lottery winner in financial proceedings following divorce (Family Court London);
- A jurisdiction argument over whether the UK or UAE courts should deal with a divorce (Central Family Court);
- Representing the wife in a multi million pound divorce case where it is alleged that assets have been hidden in a company in Northern Cyprus (Family Court London);
- Acting for a barrister in divorce and financial matters where the Husband is also a barrister;
- Acting for a mother, who is a barrister, in a Children Act case, where the father is a solicitor;
- Acting for the mother (a nurse) in a contact case where the father is a barrister (Central Family Court);
- Acting for an Australian father whose young son had been unlawfully retained by the mother in the UK following an agreed holiday (High Court);
- Acting for a teacher in Children Act and financial matters (East London Family Court);
- Representing the mother (a solicitor) in a contact case (East London Family Court);
- Acting against a QC in a 6 day parental alienation case;
- Representing the Managing Director of a hedge fund in Children Act proceedings (Central Family Court).
Most of Jay's work is in and around London but he is willing to travel.
Jay offers a free initial consultation by telephone to discuss what services he can offer in any particular case.
You can contact Jay's clerks at email@example.com and can expect a very prompt response.
Contact the Expert
Complete the form below to contact the expert directly.