ProfileRichard is the Team Leader of Albion’s Employment and Professional Disciplinary Team.
He is recognised as a leading junior in ‘Legal 500’ 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015, being described as ‘firm in cross-examination and persuasive in his submissions’ and ‘recommended for all stages of employment litigation’. Richard’s employment and professional misconduct caseload is evenly split between Respondent and Claimant work.
What his clients say;
- "provides sensible realistic advice, giving consideration to the practical implications of the matter"
- "he has a knack of making complicated factual scenarios seem very straightforward"
- "In advising, Richard cuts to the chase and his advice... is direct yet reasoned, clear and easy to understand"
- "He has a calm and measured approach and his keen sense of humour comes across in conference, and helps to lighten situations"
- "personable, responsive and very helpful"
- "tenancious in cross examination"
Richard also practises in Inquest and Regulatory law, often instructed on behalf of organisations or the family of the deceased during inquiries into unexplained deaths in prisons, hospitals or workplace settings.
Further details of Richard's practice and recent cases of interest can be found here; http://www.albionchambers.co.uk/richard-shepherd
Contact the Expert
Complete the form below to contact the expert directly.