Anna approaches cases with a clear logic and is methodical in her approach on the legal and practical issues, providing very clearly presented advice and options.

Housing, Landlord and Tenant and Property Litigation

Anna practises landlord and tenant law with a particular emphasis on representing residential tenants. She is instructed in cases involving defending possession proceedings on grounds of rent arrears and anti-social behaviour. She is also instructed on disrepair claims and those involving unlawful eviction and harassment. Her clients benefit from her sound knowledge of welfare benefits law; she also represents claimants in in the welfare benefits tribunal.

Anna also acts in homelessness matters, and because of her immigration law expertise, she is especially well-placed to advise on disputes concerning eligibility for homelessness or housing assistance.

Anna has wide experience of other landlord and tenant matters including disputes concerning leasehold property (especially forfeiture) and disputes over business leases governed by the 1954 Act.

Because of her experience of civil litigation, Anna is instructed in a variety of other civil claims including contractual disputes, debt claims and negligence claims.


Anna acts for applicants, both private and publicly funded, in immigration and asylum matters. Having worked at a leading immigration solicitors firm, Wesley Gryk Solicitors, before coming to the Bar she is has experience of a wide variety of cases including asylum, deportation, EU cases, entry clearance and other immigration and nationality matters including applications under the points-based scheme. Anna has particular experience in cases involving unlawful immigration detention and volunteers as a pro bono advocate for Bail for Immigration Detainees (BID).

In addition, Anna is often able to use her knowledge of immigration law to enhance her practice in other areas for example when advising non-UK nationals about their entitlements under social security or housing law.

For further information, please see

Contact the Expert

Complete the form below to contact the expert directly.