ProfilePeter Lownds has been a barrister for over 20 years and is a specialist in criminal defence, professional disciplinary cases and inquests.
Recent praise for him includes:
• “Peter has a fantastic eye for detail, especially when dealing with large paper caseloads.” and “An excellent trial advocate who does detailed case preparation and is excellent with clients.” – Chambers and Partners 2020
• “He exudes quiet authority.” – Legal 500 2020
• “Very good at detailed financial crime cases and brilliant with clients.” – Chambers and Partners 2019
• “He is very, very astute and tactically savvy.” – Chambers and Partners 2019
• “Even with impossible cases and nightmare lay clients, he is effective with limited tools.” – Legal 500, 2019
• “Excellent in and out of court, with a very practical approach and great client care skills” – Legal 500, 2017
Peter is listed as a leading junior in both Criminal Law and Financial Crime by Chambers UK, and as a leading junior in Criminal Fraud by The Legal 500. He has extremely wide experience and expertise in criminal cases, ranging from defending clients facing driving-related charges in the magistrates court to advising business professionals involved in serious and substantial criminal or regulatory investigations.
Peter is frequently instructed on behalf of professionals in disciplinary proceedings. The experience he gained from previously working as a clinical negligence solicitor, and as a legal adviser to a leading teaching trade union, has equipped him with sensitive client care skills and invaluable insight into the problems experienced by professionals.
He is also regularly instructed to represent parties at inquests.
Contact the Expert
Complete the form below to contact the expert directly.