ProfileSimon is a specialist in business crime, regulatory work and fraud. He also has substantial experience and expertise in regulatory, civil and administrative law, particularly in relation to matters arising out of the cross-over between criminal law and civil litigation. This includes:
• Regulatory cases (including trading standards and Health & Safety)
• Professional disciplinary proceedings (including representing accountants and medical staff)
• Proceedings for the recovery or freezing of assets (including cash forfeiture proceedings)
• VAT tribunals
• Financial & regulatory advice (including FSA, FSMA & AML issues)
• Judicial Review
• Civil Actions Against the Police
• Election Law
Simon is recommended as one of the leading juniors for both crime and financial crime by the Chambers & Partners UK directory 2015 (also ranked in 2013 and 2014). Simon is praised in the 2015 Guide for his “experience in complex criminal fraud and regulatory matters” and is described as being "extremely efficient and wonderfully reliable" and "able to turn around documents very quickly to a very high standard.” He is also described as “incredibly easy to deal with and user-friendly." Simon is also recommended as a leading junior in Business & Regulatory crime by the 2015 Legal 500 guide, who praise him for being “Always the master of his brief”.
Simon is regularly instructed in some of the highest profile cases in the UK. Current/recent cases include the LIBOR trial, the HBoS banking fraud (valued at over £250m) and iSOFT (the largest ever case prosecuted by the FCA).
Contact the Expert
Complete the form below to contact the expert directly.