ProfileElizabeth Isaacs QC is an engaging and knowledgeable family silk who quickly identifies the practical implications of complex cases involving all aspects of child law, including a strong Court of Appeal practice. Elizabeth was a child protection social worker before being called to the Bar and has an established reputation for compassionate client care, excellent advocacy and forensic preparation, and a pragmatic and tactical approach. She has substantial expertise in acting for all parties in legally and factually complex care, adoption (including revocation) and wardship proceedings and has a detailed knowledge of the legal and social care issues relating to local authority planning and decision making for children.
Elizabeth has particular interest in –
• Child death
• Serious physical injury, including non-accidental head injury
• Sexual abuse
• Fabricated and induced illness (FII)
• Insulin poisoning
• Judicial review
• Human rights issues relating to children
• Disclosure and public interest immunity (PII) issues relating to children
Elizabeth also acts for parents and children in complex private law proceedings, including –
• Children's living arrangements
• Leave to remove from the jurisdiction and international relocation
• Parental alienation
• Allegations of physical, emotional and sexual abuse
• Education, religion, medical and change of name disputes
• Child abduction
• Surrogacy and parental order applications
• Parenting disputes arising from same-sex relationships
• LGBT issues
Elizabeth sits as a deputy High Court Judge (Family Division) and as a Family and Crown Court recorder.
Contact the Expert
Complete the form below to contact the expert directly.